Global Quality Manager required, based in Merseyside. Requiring a Six Sigma Black Belt certification and extensive experience of quality operations in a chemical manufacturing...
An opportunity for a QC Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical manufacturing organisation.
Job Title: QC Manager
Salary: £45-50K depending on experience
Location: North West
SRG are working with an expanding pharmaceutical organisation who as a result of continued success, are now looking for a QC Manager to manage the quality team. The Quality Control Manager will organise and manage the day to day operations of the Pharmaceutical QC testing laboratory. Reporting to the Head of Quality, they will be responsible for managing the delivery and execution of raw material testing, component testing, finished product testing and stability testing as part of the Quality Organisation. This is an exciting time to join the organisation as there is an increasing number of key projects already within the group and a number within the pipeline, with the company ambition to be a leader in its field.
Attractive benefits package included
- Technical - To lead the analytical testing for all approved, commercial products including method development/transfers and stability testing. Additionally, this role will be responsible for equipment maintenance, calibration and all equipment validation activities across the laboratories.
- Customer Service - To deliver high quality analysis and documentation to meet the commercial timelines.
- People - To lead and develop staff within the team to reach the required performance and competency levels.
- Quality - To ensure the correct GMP standards are followed, take responsibility for fronting internal and external QC audits.
- Safety - To ensure that all site safety standards are followed and that staff are fully trained to undertake the tasks assigned to them.
- Documentation - To write, review, approve and implement SOPs, methods, specifications, validation documents, protocols and reports as required. Additionally this role will be required to manage any quality incidents in the QC laboratory.
- Peer Relationships - To build and maintain key relationships within the quality team, the regulatory team and the operations team.
- Continuous Improvement - Will drive improvements throughout the QC laboratory to ensure test methods are robust to drive quality and speed.
- The Quality Control Manager can demonstrate more than 5 years' experience within a QC laboratory and a minimum of 2 years in a leadership role.
- Strong, hands on experience of HPLC, Raw materials and managing stability testing.
- Extensive knowledge of GMP, ICH guidelines, BP/EP/USP methods and a strong understanding of QA processes and methodology.
- A degree in chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related would be preferred
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Behruz Sheikh at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Behruz on 0161 868 2202.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: QC, Quality Control, GMP, cGMP, Management, HPLC, Raw materials and managing stability testing, ICH guidelines, BP/EP/USP methods, QA, Chemistry, SOPs
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.