Principal Scientist/Team Leader Functional Genomics (Drug Discovery)Role Type: PermanentSalary: DOEWork Area: Drug DiscoveryStart Date: ASAPMy client is a leader in drug discovery and development based...
Principal Scientist/Team Leader - Functional Genomics (Drug Discovery)
Role Type: Permanent
Work Area: Drug Discovery
Start Date: ASAP
My client is a leader in drug discovery and development based in Cambridgeshire, specialising in small drug molecule discovery utilising a novel screening system. They have a pipeline of novel molecules at various stages of the drug discovery process.
Their group is seeking a team leader to drive the in-house screening platform and target validation programs. The candidate will be experienced in functional genomic screening, managing multiple projects, and the ability to make sound scientific judgements.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Plan, develop, and manage screening and hit validation experiments to meet the needs of internal and external programs.
- Provide effective line management for a multi-disciplinary team to ensure projects are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Liaise with management to develop future strategic plans for the company and workflow based on available and predicted resources.
- Prepare and present reports on programme status and progress.
The ideal candidate will have:
-BSc-minimum or equivalent with extensive post-graduate experience in molecular biology, target discovery/validation, and functional genomics.
-Experience in Mammalian Cell Culture
-Significant experience in project managing multiple drug discovery projects.
- Strong team-work skills, communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Skills in protein expression and purification are a bonus
If this sounds like you, please apply online or contact Ashley Poulter on 01223 234 768 for further details.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.