Discovery Biologist (12 month FTC)Do you have experience across Drug Discovery with demonstratable Molecular Biology skills (Phage Display and alike) coupled with running assays? Are...
Discovery Biologist (12 month FTC)
Do you have experience across Drug Discovery with demonstratable Molecular Biology skills (Phage Display and alike) coupled with running assays? Are you looking to join an innovative company undergoing continued success and experiencing year on year growth?
My client based in the Cambridge area works with an innovative platform, focusing on the oncology therapeutic area. Due to a recent advancement into new areas of anti-microbials they are currently seeking a Discovery Biologist at either Scientist or Senior Scientist level to take forward Molecular based work within antibacterials.
The main responsibilities of this role will be:
- Molecular based work and Phage Display using the company platform
- Phage Display selection
- Running of established assays for understanding of Phage and Peptide Pharmacology
- (Functional Cell based assays, Alphascreen and Fluorescence Polarisation)
- Interpretation of Amino Acid and DNA Sequence data
- Identify Structure Activity Relationships (SAR)
- Bioinformatics for processing sequencing data and designing protein expression vectors
- Design and validate anti-bacterial assays
To be considered for the Discovery Biologist (12 Month FTC) you will have:
- A PhD or a BSc/MSc (or equivalent) with experience in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry (E)
- Strong Molecular Biology skills (E)
- Experience of Phage Display or related Selection Platforms (D)
- Experience within Anti-microbials (D)
Candidates will be considered at both Scientist or Senior Scientist level. Education level and/or industry level will determine the level of the successful applicant.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 234768.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.