PhD Organic ChemistPermanentNorthumberlandSalary circa £30K Dependent on ExperienceA leading pharmaceutical organisation are recruiting for a PhD Organic Chemist to join their growing team to assist...
Research Scientist - Oxford
In this hands-on role you will study this interaction and optimise the biochemical formulations to be used in a range of fluidic protocols on our devices. Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Performing biochemical assays on the devices to identify potential issues
- Proposing ideas and solutions to optimise biochemical assays
- Designing experiments to quantify and benchmark improvements in assay performance
- Analysing results and writing reports
- Drafting patents and analysing competitor patents
- Communicating progress and sharing best practice throughout the company
We are seeking candidates who have:
A good first degree from a leading university in chemistry
A MSc, PhD or equivalent industrial experience
In-depth knowledge of fundamental biochemistry principles
Experience in the analysis and handling of biomolecules
A demonstrable history of creativity and solving challenging technical problems
Outstanding organisational skills and a keen attention to detail
An ability to learn quickly and rapidly apply new knowledge in practise
Candidates who have significant practical experience of microfluidic devices and/or droplet-in-oil based biochemical assays will be at an advantage.
If this role looks of interest please apply online. For further information please call Tom Pickford on 0121 726 9750.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.