QA ManagerStaffsPermUp to £40,000 per annumOur client is a UK manufacturer of instant dry powders for the food & beverage industry; supplying major retailers, co-food...
Up to £40,000 per annum
Our client is a UK manufacturer of instant dry powders for the food & beverage industry; supplying major retailers, co-food manufacturers, food service customers and brand owners. A successful and well established food manufacturing business based in the West Midlands, they have an immediate requirement for a shift QA Manager to join their busy Technical Team. This is a permanent role, starting as soon as possible. The role operates on the following shift pattern: 06:00 - 18:00 for 4 days on, then 4 days off, but will overlap with other QA's. The shift is day shift only.
The QA Manager will provide an efficient and effective quality assurance service, ensuring product safety, quality & legality, as well as compliance with corporate and site policies and procedures to the benefit of the business and its customers. It is expected that the role will support the operational team in ensuring that all legislative, codes of practice and customer requirements in respect of quality and food safety are met for all products manufactured on site.
Job Function / Responsibilities:
- Investigate internal non-conformances and where applicable make a decision on disposition of any affected stock. Ensure that a weekly rework/scrap report is available weekly for the Eagle meeting.
- Plan, prioritise and organise the work load of the QA staff. Ensure they are fully utilised and completing tasks accurately and on time.
- Ensure the results of any internal audits are raised with the relevant Management and where necessary assist in drawing up a corrective action plan.
- Escalate to Technical Manager or Site Management Team when non-conformances have not been closed out in a timely manner or where there is a recurring issue.
- Attend daily production meeting and discuss any Food Safety issues or non-conforming product.
- Write factory rework instructions for non-conforming products or materials etc.
- Positively release products.
- Review factory operations on daily basis and ensure adherence to internal quality procedures including BRC and specific customer technical standards.
- Take an active part in site audits and undertake any traceability exercise required.
- Undertake supplier audits to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal quality systems, including BRC, customer technical standards, including writing work instructions and procedures to match their specific requirements.
- Manage site internal audit schedule as per the FSQM system and ensure any non- conformances are identified, tracked and closed out by the relevant managers.
- Ensure that cleaning validation and verification processes are completed and documented, and are reviewed as required i.e. Anniversary, new equipment, new line etc.
- Writing QA work instructions for each of the operational departments.
- Key member of the HACCP team and deputise for Technical Manager
Person Specification:Education / Training:
- HND or higher in relevant subject area i.e. Food Science, Food technology (depending on experience).
- Degree in Food Science / Food Technology or science related subject
- Advanced Food Hygiene HACCP 4
- BRC Accredited Auditor
- Health & Safety Awareness
- COSHH Level 3
- NEBOSH General Certificate
Experience / Skills:
- Minimum of some previous experience in a Technical role working within a food manufacturing / Processing environment
- Product research & development (kitchen and scale up). Ingredient functionality
- Computer literate on MS Word, MS Excel, SAP
- Awareness of Food legislation and Health & safety
- Food safety assurance
- Non-conformance investigations and root cause analysis
- Raw materials assessments
- Taste panel & sensory analyses - functionality/perception
- Competencies / Behaviours Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage effectively across all levels
- Adaptability to the changing demands of the customer.
- Strong leadership / management skill
- Attention to detail and high concentration levels
- Good technical knowledge regarding Food Safety
Results Orientated & Highly Motivated.
Good Organisational skills.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.