An exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager to join a global pharmaceutical organisation. Job Title: Technical Development ManagerDuration: PermanentSalary: £Competitive depending on experience Location:...
Technical Manager required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry (or similar) coupled with a proven background in product development, running production trials and providing technical support.
Title: Technical Manager
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a leading company who manufacture a vast range of products catering to the construction industry, including sealants, adhesives and fillers. As a result of an impending retirement, they are now looking to hire a Technical Manager to join their team in West Yorkshire. The role will predominantly involve leading the company's product development and quality control function, alongside managing a small team of chemists. The position would be well suited to someone with a degree in Chemistry or Polymer Science and proven experience of leading product development, running production trials and providing internal and external technical support.
Benefits: Well-established company who have experienced continued growth over the last decade, offering an opportunity to lead people and projects at a managerial level. 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays. Pension scheme and private health care. Working hours of 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, with a 4pm finish on Fridays.
Role / Description
- Managing a small team of development chemists
- Conducting quality control of all production processes
- Leading product development and product value engineering, including costings presentation
- Staying abreast of competitor activity, relevant legislation and industry standards, including COSHH, REACH, Construction Products Directive and Biocidal Products Directive
- Ensuring all technical information and MSDS are up to date
- Providing technical support to internal functions including Marketing, Sales and Production
- Providing technical support and advice to customers
- Liaising with raw material suppliers and keeping up to date with new raw material developments
- Networking within the industry
- Minimum degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or relevant discipline
- Demonstrable experience in product development within construction/building chemical industry, e.g. adhesives, coatings, paints, polymers.
- Experience of running and troubleshooting production trials
- Knowledge and application of ISO 9001
- Able to communicate effectively with both colleagues and customers
- Innovative mind-set and able to convert ideas into successful products
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a talented, degree-qualified chemist, with strong product development and technical support experience, able to lead and manage a team.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: adhesive, coating, paint, sealant, filler, polymer, laboratory, development, formulation, chemist, chemistry, product development, degree, BSc, MChem, MSc, PhD, polymer science, Yorkshire, production, technical support
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.