A successful food research centre based in Berkshire is currently recruiting for a Principle Scientist to provide technical leadership on Physical Chemistry and Materials Science...
Role Type: Temporary (12 months)
Skills: Polymer Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, Surface Chemistry.
Do you sit at Bachelors or Masters level (or equiv) with some industry exposure within the field of Polymer Chemistry or related areas? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a leader in their field, utilising your skills in Organic Chemistry to research and develop novel applications?
My client based in the Cambridge area is a leader in the Biotechnology field. They are currently seeking a Materials Chemist to join their research group.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Planning and conducting of experiments within Polymer Chemistry
- Conducting research under guidance of Scientists and Supervisors (Surface Chemistry)
- Assess information and findings, and suggesting future direction
To be considered for the Materials Chemistry role you will have the following skills/experience:
- BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in a relevant area of Chemistry (E)
- Some industry exposure; industry work or industry placement (E)
- Knowledge of Polymer Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, Surface Chemistry (E)
- Knowledge of Hydrogels (D)
(Candidates at PhD level are unlikely to be considered for this opportunity)
This role is on a temporary contract but with a 12 month anticipated length. If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 234768
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.