Synthetic Organic ChemistOur client, an entrepreneurial and revolutionary organisation based to the South of Cambridge, are hiring for a number of Synthetic Organic Chemists to...
Synthetic Organic Chemist
Our client, an entrepreneurial and revolutionary organisation based to the South of Cambridge, are hiring for a number of Synthetic Organic Chemists to grow and develop a novel silicon array within the realms of highly disruptive technology.
- Educated to BSc/MSc/PhD or equivalent, in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry along with/or a proven background in development of processes in synthetic organic chemistry - either from within academia or a mix of both academic and industrial experience.
- You will be capable and confident in using analytical methodology such as NMR, MS, IR and HPLC. Along with MS Office, Chemdraw, Reaxys and fluorescence, reaction kinetics, nucleotide/side chemistry and surface analysis, synthetic chemistry route design and process optimisation, analytical techniques associated with oligo-synthesis.
- You will be comfortable working in small and highly cohesive project teams across multidisciplinary fields such as: engineering, physics, surface and synthetic chemistry, biology and software engineering.
- You will work well to deadlines with minimal supervision and be capable of leading and influencing others, demonstrating a solutions-focused approach and always "going out on a limb" to propose novel strategies to achieve the goal in the bigger picture.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, enjoys presenting to other teams, working collaboratively and supportively in a fast-moving and ever-evolving discipline.
- You will have an up-to-date working knowledge of safety protocols including COSHH/HSE and risk assessments.
- It would be helpful to have worked with DNA Synthesis and in particular novel organic molecules for synthesis in a highly parallel manner - though this is not essential.
These roles represent a fantastic opportunity to work with a select group of scientists at the cutting-edge of de novo gene synthesis. You will expected to contribute to the progression of research and development in the unique and emerging area of science.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.