Assay Scientist (R&D)Do you have industry based experience working within areas of assay development? Do you have exposure to other areas such as antibody purification...
Job title: Associate Scientist - Cell-based Assays
Salary & Benefits: Dependent on experience
SRG are currently working with a global leader in therapeutic Biologics & Biotechnology who are looking for an experienced Cell-based Assay Analyst to join their R&D team on a part-time basis.
Working within a specialist team, the successful individual will design and develop a number of screening in-vitro assays to support lead identification for novel therapeutic treatments in the field of Cardiovascular & Metabolic Disease research.
The vacancy is part-time for 2 days per week (15 hours), based in Cambridgeshire.
- Design, execution and analysis of in vitro assays
- Cellular screening support in Lead Isolation and Lead Optimisation for Cardiovascular & Metabolic Disease research
- To communicate results, conclusions and recommendations within multi-disciplinary teams
- To record data accurately within lab books and databases.
- Degree qualified in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related discipline
- Proven experience in cell-based binding and signalling assays
- Experience in assay technologies such as HTRF, MSD, fluorescence assays, ELISA or Gyrolab
- Ability to execute & analyse experiments independently
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position, please call Rachel Ellis on 0161 868 2235.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: cell-based assay, cell signalling assay, receptor binding, in vitro assays.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.