Senior Reagent Scientists Permanent Central Belt of ScotlandAre you an experienced Senior Scientist with a strong background in coupling chemistries looking for a new challenge?Do...
Multiple Senior Assay Development Scientists required for exciting new roles with dynamic life science company in Stirling
Title - Senior Scientist - Assay Development
Location - Stirling
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working with a dynamic and growing life science company - as a result of their continued success and expansion they are looking to hire a number of talented and experienced Senior Scientists within Assay Development to undertake challenging and vital roles in their R&D function. Working as part of a small team the role would be suited to someone with a experience in leading a team in the development of immunoassays for diagnostics. Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career or maybe you are looking to move into a new dynamic environment, either way we would like to hear from you.
My client offers a competitive salary as well as the potential for development and skills enhancement.
Role / Description
- Lead the development of project activities to ensure robust assay performance.
- Design and carry out experiments to assess and improve assay performance and developing new protocols
- Perform data analysis, generate conclusions and suggest next steps.
- Ensure assays are able to meet requirements.
- Provide solutions to assay development and experimental problems innovatively and independently.
- Writing and communicating project updates within the organisation.
- Ensuring procedures are adhered and that reports and procedures are written.
- Create and maintain quality records.
- Ensuring you are trained on all appropriate procedures and training new personnel if and when required.
- Technically reviewing change controls and peer reviewing laboratory note books.
- Adhere to quality procedures and all relevant regulations
- Manage and develop scientists and technicians within the team.
- Lead cross functional engagement in solving complex problems encountered during product development.
- The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant subject and have experience in diagnostic immunoassay technology and fluorescent detection methods with a good working knowledge of the factors which drive assay performance.
- Line management experience and GLP/GDP experience are essential.
- You must be a problem solver and innovator with excellent skills in data analysis and good attention to detail.
- Experience of working in the IVD / medical device industry is desirable.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: immunoassay, assay development, diagnostic, medical device, reagent, validation and verification, assay performance, fluorescence detection
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.