Downstream Process Development ScientistLondon, UKSalary competitive and commensurate with experience Do you have experience in developing enzymatic, biomolecule or DNA manufacturing protocols?Would you like to...
An opportunity for a Process Development Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical organisation.
Job Title: Process Development Scientist
SRG are working with a global biopharmaceutical organisation who as a result of continued success and expansion, are now looking for a Process Development Scientist to perform a wide range of activities associated with the design, development, scale-up, technical transfer and cGMP clinical manufacture of bulk drug substances expressed from mammalian, viral or microbial expression systems.
Target 15% of annual salary
Contributory pension scheme
Company Sick Pay - applicable after 6 months probationary period - 24 weeks of full and 75% pay depending on length of service.
Permanent Health Insurance
Life Insurance 4 x basic salary
The Employee Assistance Programme - Confidential help and advice on various topics.
One paid day off per year to do some voluntary Charity work.
- Leading the design, delivery and reporting of experimental work to meet project timelines
- They are required to perform all activities in accordance with regulatory requirements and in compliance with Quality and EHS Policies and Procedures.
- Lead on delivery of routine studies within the laboratory or pilot plant
- Design, plan, and execute studies to deliver results to meet project timelines. Write protocols, proposals, operating procedures and reports with minimal corrections on review
- Complete all laboratory or batch related documentation in a timely and compliant manner, participating in reviews of the documentation to obtain quality sign off when necessary
- Contribute to 5S as a means for continuous improvement to ensure that department goals are achieved and the incidence of non-conformances are reduced
- Subject matter expert in areas relating to GMP manufacture, upstream process development, downstream process development or cell line development
- The job holder(s) must possess a minimum qualification of BSc (or equivalent). It is preferred that they hold a PhD and/or have relevant industrial experience within the field of bioprocess development, scale-up or cGMP manufacturing.
- The job holder must have knowledge and previous experience of mammalian and microbial based processes.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Behruz Sheikh at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Behruz on 0161 868 2202.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Upstream, Downstream, AKTA, Protein purification, gene therapy, microbial fermentation, mammalian culture, cell culture, GMP, cell-line development
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.