Clinical Application Specialist Competitive Package (Dependent on Experience) Tyne and Wear Are you a Biological Sciences graduate looking for an exciting opportunity to work for...
Field Applications Specialist - Occasional travelling UK/Europe/Middle East/Africa Permanent/Full Time Based in the West Midlands - UK/Europe/Middle East/Africa Competitive salary & package
- Do you have a strong background in Near InfraRed?
- Have you got experience in Chemometrics?
- Are you an excellent communicator and would like to get into pre-sales support?Role:
- The Field Applications Specialist is an energetic, technically competent, entrepreneurial professional who will support sales by providing technical support to representatives, distributors and customers for the primary market of remote sensing.
- Supports the territory with pre-sales activities including demonstrations, seminars, and pre-sales activities.
- Supports successful customer outcomes involving, for example, building chemometric equations.
- Provides technical advice, equipment list suggestions and occasional customer quotations.
- Provides technical expertise supporting sales including the development of Application Notes.
- Presents at conferences, for distributors and direct customers.
- Assists with training of distributors and direct sales personnel.
- Supports direct and indirect sales with customer qualification calls.
- Travels to prospects or conferences as needed.
- Provides feedback to marketing.Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in Engineering, Chemistry, or Biology or equivalent.
- Significant industry experience within any of the areas listed: Advanced spectroscopy, spectroradiometry, remote sensing, light scattering or NIR technologies.
- Ability to effectively present technical information.
- Strong communications skills - written, oral and presentation, including the ability to break down complex information and explain in a simple way and to install confidence in the receiver of the information.
- Good listening skills including the ability to translate what the customer asks for into what they need; to communicate this to the customer or distributor/sales person.
- Ability to creatively approach territory management and sales engagement.
- Work well both within a team and independently; primarily working alongside the distributor and providing support but also able to represent the business externally to all parties. Must present a professional image of the company at all times.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, throughout: UK/Europe/Middle East/Africa.If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Bal on 0121 222 5331.SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant/suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.Keywords: Strong background in Near InfraRed technologies, remote sensing, chemometrics and pre-sales support. Advanced spectroscopy, spectroradiometry, or light scattering. Technical expert, applications scientist, development specialist.If you have the skills/experience required and are interested in the role please apply online, if you have any questions please call on 0121 222 5331.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.