A successful metal processing facility based in Shropshire is currently recruiting for a Development Technologist to join their busy Technical Team. This is a permanent...
Metallurgist - Precious Metals
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary & Benefits: Highly competitive, dependent on experience. Non-shift.
SRG are currently working with a multi-national speciality chemicals company in the UK who are seeking an innovative Metallurgist to join their R&D team on a permanent basis.
The successful individual will utilise their knowledge and experience in metallurgy to provide technical support to the improvement of production processes. This will include reviewing and improving existing processes to improve product quality whilst minimising cost and waste streams. They will also evaluate new technologies to extend existing manufacturing capabilities.
- Undertake process development for new alloy/variants of existing products
- Conduct production trials, defining specifications and producing process instructions
- Assess the feasibility and economic viability of new product manufacture
- Authorise process deviations based on H&S, quality and economic considerations
- Review and procure new equipment to enhance production capabilities and efficiency
- Degree qualified in Metallurgy, Material Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- Prior industrial experience in the field Metallurgy (knowledge of precious/noble metals desirable but not essential)
- Excellent communication skills, including technical report writing abilities
- Strong problem-solving and analytical approach.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Rachel on 0161 868 2235.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: metallurgy, metallurgist, metallurgical, platinum group metals, precious metals, noble metals.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.