Microbiologist PermanentDo you have Microbiology experience with skills such as TVC, Media Preparation, Plating out and Serial Dilutions? Are you looking for an opportunity to...
Microbiologist required for a 5 week contract, based in Lancashire. Requiring practical experience of microbiological techniques from either an industrial or university laboratory environment.
Employment Term: 5 weeks (holiday cover)
Salary: £9.23 per hour (paid weekly)
SRG is working with an independent testing laboratory, specialising in the analysis of brewed beverages, including alcoholic products. They are now looking for a Microbiologist to cover a 5 week period of holiday starting Thursday 14th March 2018 The role will involve conducting basic microbiological analysis on beverages and packaging, including aseptic technique, media prep and membrane filtration. The position would suit a recent graduate of Microbiology (or similar) seeking work experience or perhaps an experienced Microbiologist looking to return to work.
Benefits: Weekly paid opportunity, start date Thursday 14th March. Working hours of 37.5 hours worked between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Aseptic Sampling and microscopy
- Sample numbering and recording
- Media preparation, autoclaving and plate pouring
- Sterilisation of sample bottles and equipment
- Routine microbiological analysis, differential plating and membrane filtration
- Anaerobic jar gassing up and incubation
- Monitoring of aerobic incubator temperature
- Results interpretation, recording and reporting
- Laboratory housekeeping
- Degree in Microbiology or similar
- Practical experience with microbiological testing techniques including media preparation, membrane filtration and culture counting
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently and accurately to deadlines
- Strong communication, time management and prioritisation skills
- Good attention to detail
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a recent Microbiology graduate looking for experience or an experienced Microbiologist looking to return to work.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, beverages, brewed products, microbiology, graduate, experienced, temporary, culture, analysis, aseptic
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.