Microbiology ManagerLocation: CambridgeshireHours of Work: 37.5 per weekSalary: Dependent on experienceDo you hold a PhD within clinical or environmental microbiology, or within Phage Biology with...
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week
Salary: Dependent on experience
Do you hold a PhD within clinical or environmental microbiology, or within Phage Biology with good industry experience within Microbiology coupled with some leadership/management skills?
My client is a small innovative Biotechnology company working on the development of fermentation products. My client is currently seeking a Microbiology Manager to take a hands on role with a split between management and the laboratory to lead multiple microbiology research projects.
The main responsibility of the Microbiology Manager will be:
* Management of multiple microbiology research projects
* Supervision of a small team of Research Scientists.
* Development and application of microbiology assays for testing of biological products.
* Microbiological testing of compounds on a high throughput level. (MIC, Phage, antibiotic)
* Data management and data quality control.
* Attendance of contractor/client meetings and conferences.
To be considered for this role candidates will have the following experience:
* A PhD in a relevant area; either Clinical/Environmental Microbiology or Bacteriophage Biology (E)
* Industry experience, in a relevant Microbiology area (E)
* Strong Microbiology skills (microbiology assays for testing biological products) (E)
* Microbiology assay development and validation (E)
* Experience in data interpretation and data management (E)
* Experience in Process and People Management (E)
My client can offer a competitive salary dependent on experience.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew at or 01223 394237.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.