Senior Scientist Upstream DevelopmentLocation: CambridgeshireSalary: Competitive (DOE)Role Type: PermanentHours: 37.5/weekSkills: Bacterial Fermentation, Upstream Processing, Bioreactor, GMP.Do you have industry experience working in a GMP environment...
Senior Scientist - Upstream Development
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
Role Type: Permanent
Skills: Bacterial Fermentation, Upstream Processing, Bioreactor, GMP.
Do you have industry experience working in a GMP environment in Microbial Fermentation? Do you have a focus on upstream processes with a working knowledge of Bacterial fermentation and process development/optimisation?
My client, an innovative biotechnology company based in Cambridgeshire, is currently seeking a Fermentation Scientist to work with them on a permanent basis.
The Senior Scientist - Upstream Development will join the Microbial Fermentation team within a GMP environment and have the following responsibilities:
* Development and Optimisation of bacterial fermentation processes.
* Working with production based methods of Microbial fermentation; Shake Flasks and Bioreactors/Fermentation systems from 1L to 50L.
* Training of less experienced scientists in Fermentation and Cell Banking.
* Completion of laboratory notebooks and batch manufacturing records.
* Provide results, data and progress updates to project leaders within all areas of GMP manufacturing.
To be considered for the Fermentation Scientist role you will have:
* PhD or Master's degree (or equiv) in Biochemistry, Biotechnology or similar.
* Industry based experience in a Microbial Fermentation role.
* Experience of GMP within Biopharmaceuticals.
* Knowledge and experience if Cell Cultures and Cell Banking.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established company, in a team focused on GMP Microbial Fermentation towards the development of Biopharmaceuticals.
Salary for this position will be dependent on experience and skills.
If this role is of interest please apply immediately online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 234768.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.