QC MicrobiologistDo you hold skills covering the area of Microbiology? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a successful company undergoing further expansion?My...
Microbiologist - Permanent
Do you have Microbiology experience with skills such as TVC, Media Preparation, Plating out and Serial Dilutions? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a successful company on a permanent contract in the Cambridgeshire area?
My client, an innovative biotechnology company based in Cambridgeshire, is currently seeking a Microbiology Technician or Microbiology Scientist (depending on experience level) to join their expanding team.
The Microbiologist will work within the research department, with the main responsibilities including:
* Preparation, storage and management of bacterial stocks.
* QC checking of biological stocks
* Microbiological plate reading, with confirmation and validation of analytical results as required.
* Total Viable Counts (TVC)
* Reporting of results in accordance with analysis methods.
* Time-Kill exposure experiments.
* Recording information relating to samples, with safe handling of all samples and adherence to all set procedures.
To be considered for this role, candidates will hold:
* Bachelors or Masters degree (or equiv) in Microbiology or related area.
* Post graduate experience in Microbiology
* Candidates will have experience in a company in sectors such as a CRO, Food Microbiology, Environmental.
* Candidates must have skills such as:
o Total Viable Count (TVC) Assays.
o Stock and media preparation
o Serial Dilutions
o Plating out
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established company, in a team focused on Microbiology research.
Salary and level for this position will be dependent on experience and skills.
If this role is of interest please apply immediately online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 234768
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.