Research Scientist Surfaces and Biointerfaces Excellent salary and company benefits An great opportunity to join a rapidly growing R&D team based in Cambridgeshire. In this...
An exciting opportunity for a Research Scientist to join a start-up company in the North West of England.
Job Title: Research Scientist
Vacancy type: 12 months FTC
Area: North West of England
Salary: £25,000 to 35,000 per annum depending on experience
SRG are working with an innovative start-up company who are working on an exciting project. They are looking for a Research Scientist to join them.
- Competitive salary
- Gain experience of working with a start-up company
- Gain experience of collaboration
- Be at the forefront of cutting edge research
- Set up and troubleshoot assays for active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs)
- Investigate plate based systems
- Contribute to design and implementation of systems to study release of active pharmaceutical ingredients from hydrogels and nanoparticle formulations
- Collaborate with bench scientists from partner companies and academia
- Generate and analyse data and prepare concise written summaries suitable for generation of intellectual property
The ideal candidate should be educated to degree level (in a related scientific discipline such as Molecular Biology, Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences degree or equivalent) with demonstrable experience of
- Carrying out plate based assays such as ELISAs
- Experience of biochemical assays
- Experience of cell culture and working to aseptic conditions
- Any experience of HPLC, LC-MS or Mass Spec is a desirable
SRG are the UK's number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Jude Madathilethu at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jude on 0161 868 2212.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Bio-analysis; assays; formulation; ophthalmology; ELISA; pharmacokinetics, LC-MS, Mass Spectrometry, in vitro, Researcher, Research Scientist, PhD, Post-Doc, Bioassays, plate based assays, Bioanalysis
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.