Title: Analytical Scientist Physical testing.Location: Cheshire.Salary: Up to £28'000 per annum.Contract Length: 6 Months FTC.SRG are currently looking to recruit an Analytical Scientist in Physical...
Analytical Scientist required, based in North Cheshire. Requiring demonstrable experience of using, maintaining and troubleshooting HPLC instrumentation in a working laboratory environment.
Title: Analytical Scientist
Employment Term: Permanent
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a leading manufacturer of speciality chemical additives, for application in a range of industries. As a result of a new, long-term development project, they are now looking to hire an experienced Analytical Scientist to join the team at their site in North Cheshire. The role will involve conducting analysis on catalytic products, predominantly using HPLC, with some GC and FTIR. The position would be well suited to someone with proven, hands-on experience using HPLC, as well as practical knowledge of troubleshooting or maintaining this instrumentation.
Benefits: Exciting opportunity to work on a long term project in a company with an inclusive and innovative culture. Full training will be provided along with 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays. Opportunities to travel, non-contributory pension scheme and annual bonus. Flexible working hours of 38 hours per week, core hours of 10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Conducting accurate analysis on catalytic products, including HPLC, GC and FTIR, and issuing timely reports on results
- Conducting self-critical analysis of own results
- Providing accurate records of laboratory work in defined lab recording system and writing technical reports for relevant personnel
- Providing analysis which requires specialised skills and knowledge of analytical instruments within the department, namely HPLC expertise.
- Carrying out experimentation which requires specialised knowledge of practical techniques.
- Carrying out method development or adaptation of existing techniques, as required
- Supporting the team with organic synthesis, as required
- Understanding and ensuring that site/departmental SHE and Quality systems and procedures are properly applied
- Identifying opportunities for continual improvement within SHE and Quality over all areas of the business.
- Minimum HNC or equivalent in Chemistry or relevant discipline
- Proven, hands-on experience using HPLC
- Previous experience of troubleshooting and maintaining HPLC instrumentation
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills, willing to adapt skills to support the team
- Able to work independently, whilst demonstrating strong team spirit
- Any experience of organic synthesis, GC or FTIR would be considered advantageous
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a talented scientist, with good practical laboratory experience of using, troubleshooting and maintaining HPLC, to join a small and dynamic team in an industry-leading business.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: HPLC, high performance liquid chromatography, catalysts, catalysis, catalytic, organic synthesis, GC, gas chromatography, FTIR, laboratory, chemistry, analysis, chemist, analytical, troubleshooting, maintenance, analyst, column
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.