Quality Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a higher qualification in Chemistry and experience of a range of testing techniques. Title: Quality TechnicianLocation:...
QC Technician required, based in Cheshire West. Requiring a HNC or higher qualification in Chemistry or similar, paired with experience of QC or product testing in a working laboratory.
Title: QC Technician
Location: Cheshire West
Salary: £17,500 per annum + shift allowance
SRG is working with a leading company specialising in the production and modification of bitumen products for industrial application. As a result of their continued success, they are now looking for a QC Technician to join the technical team. The role will involve conducting routine physical testing on raw material and finished product, reporting results and taking action as required. This position would be well suited to someone with previous physical or chemical testing experience in an industrial laboratory.
Benefits: Well-established company offering a permanent role in a fast-paced testing environment, with opportunity to diversify into product development, technical support and product compliance. 24 days holiday, increasing with length of service and company pension scheme. Significant shift allowance payable in addition to basic salary.
- Mar-Oct: 12 hour shifts, 2 days, 2 nights (4 on, 6 off) shift pattern
- Feb & Nov: 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm
- Dec-Jan: 9am-5pm
Role / Description
- Conducting quality control tests on raw material and finished product to ensure within specification and fit for purpose
- Analysis to include: hardness testing, softening point, viscosity, moisture content, break index, particle size analysis, fluorescence microscopy
- Completing daily tank testing
- Providing test data to operations and sales teams
- Preparation and dispatch of standard samples
- Carrying out lab housekeeping, instrument calibration and COSHH record maintenance
- Supporting product development, product registration and compliance in low season
- Minimum HNC or higher qualification in Chemistry or similar
- Previous experience of physical or chemical testing in a working laboratory environment
- Must have own transport and relevant licence.
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment, manage time and prioritise tasks accordingly
- Willing to work independently and make autonomous decisions
This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone with a background in QC or routine analysis using physical or wet chemical testing techniques.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: bitumen, asphalt, oil, lubricant, QC , quality control, analysis, physical testing, wet chemistry, viscosity, hardness, softening point, particle size analysis, laboratory, technician, chemist
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.