R&D Scientist Sensor Development (18 month FTC)Do you have experience working in the testing and development of gas or chemical sensors? Are you experienced in...
Senior Analytical Scientist required, based in North Wales. Requiring demonstrable experience of using, maintaining and troubleshooting HPLC and GC instrumentation, specifically in the chemical or polymer industries. Experience of method development also required.
Title: Senior Analytical Scientist
Employment Term: Permanent
Location: North Wales (Commutable from Manchester, Cheshire West, Wirral, Liverpool)
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a leading manufacturer of speciality polymers for application in a range of industries. As a result of their continued success, they are now looking to hire a Senior Analytical Scientist to join the team at their site. The role will involve conducting analysis on polymer products, predominantly using HPLC, GC and GPC. The position would be well suited to someone with proven hands-on experience using these chromatographic instrumentation, as well as practical knowledge of troubleshooting, maintenance and method development.
Benefits: Exciting opportunity to be part of a small but dynamic company, leading method development and analytical support for a range of innovative polymer products. 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holiday, opportunities to travel, matched pension scheme and annual profit-related bonus. Flexible working hours of 36.5 hours per week, core hours of 10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Utilising HPLC, GC and GPC to conduct accurate analysis on polymer products in support of scale up projects and performance testing
- Carrying out general analysis using wet chemistry techniques, Karl Fischer, NMR, FTIR, thermogravimetric analysis (TGA) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)
- Conducting maintenance and troubleshooting on HPLC, GC and GPC, as necessary
- Developing novel methods and adapting existing methods on instrumentation depending on product line
- Taking ownership of testing and calibration schedules for the analytical lab, generating SOPs and ensuring appropriate document control
- Training junior staff, as required
- Liaising with research teams, business development and management to ensure effective communication of project proposals, aims and progress.
- Minimum degree in Chemistry or relevant scientific discipline
- Proven, hands-on experience using HPLC and GC, ideally with Chromeleon software
- Experience with GPC would be considered advantageous
- Demonstrable background in method development for HPLC and GC
- Previous experience of troubleshooting and maintaining HPLC and GC instrumentation
- Good time management skills, willing to adapt and flex to support varying projects
- Any additional knowledge or experience in polymer chemistry, NMR or thermal analysis would be considered advantageous
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a talented scientist, with good practical laboratory experience of using, troubleshooting and maintaining HPLC and GC in relation to polymer chemistry.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: HPLC, high performance liquid chromatography, , GC, gas chromatography, GPC, gel permeation chromatography, polymer, NMR, FTIR, TGA, thermogravimetric analysis, DSC, differential scanning calorimetry, laboratory, chemistry, analysis, chemist, analytical, troubleshooting, maintenance, analyst, method development, scale up
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.