Senior Scientist required for leading biotechnology company in the Central Belt of ScotlandTitle Senior ScientistLocation Central BeltSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with a leading biotechnology company...
Senior Scientist required for leading biotechnology company in the Central Belt of Scotland
Title - Senior Scientist
Location - Central Belt
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working with a leading biotechnology company - as a result of their continued success they are looking to hire an experienced Senior Scientist to undertake a challenging role to oversee the team. The role would be suited to someone with a strong background in cell biology and molecular biology.
My client offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to be involved in this exciting area of therapeutics.
Role / Description
- Ensuring the laboratory and its equipment are maintained to the appropriate standard
- Supervising a small team of analysts
- Liaising with cell culture teams for sample collection and management
- Ensuring timely analysis of stem cells, their intermediates and derivatives
- Development and introduction of new approaches to stem cell characterisation
- Ensuring data is robustly reviewed, critiqued, trended and reported
- The ideal candidate will have a PhD level qualification (or BSc with experience) in a life science related discipline with extensive experience in cell biology and genetics.
- You will have an excellent understanding of cell culture, molecular biology techniques and flow cytometry.
- Previous supervisory experience is desirable, if not you must be willing to learn and develop line management skills.
- You must have excellent attention to detail, communication and organisational skills.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: cell culture, flow cytometry, FACS, PCR, molecular biology
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.