Business Development Manager Southern Europe PermanentCan you perform well in a fast paced environment? Can you work well in a team and also independently on...
Business Development Manager - Southern Europe - Permanent
Can you perform well in a fast paced environment? Can you work well in a team and also independently on your own initiative?
Do you appreciate strong Company values? Then you will fit in well into the Sales & Marketing Team within Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource Ltd.
This Business Development Manager (can be based office or home based, location flexible) will champion the sales of services to biopharmaceutical drug developers. The position will provide technical and commercial support to external clients and target customers at early stage preclinical development in focused therapy areas including Monoclonal Antibodies, Viruses and Vector products. The position will support the sale of a broad and expanding range of Biosafety, Analytical and Cell Line Development services in Southern Europe.
The position will report directly to the Director of Global Business Development and will work closely with a range of internal stakeholder groups including Marketing, Technical Support, Operations, Legal, Finance and Research & Development.
In return our client can offer you a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, full on the job training, and significant opportunity for personal growth and development within a rapidly expanding and successful Sales & Marketing Team.
What you can look forward to achieving
- This position will provide initial technical support for new customer enquiries and as required will engage a range of more specialized in-house technical experts to support these discussions.
- Identify key clients aligned with the strategic focus of the company and develop workable business development (Sales) plans to transition target to a client.
- Develop and implement plans to sell a broad range of development services and grow revenues within identified target markets.
- Meet with customers, make presentations, initiate the preparation of proposals, communicate proposals to customers and negotiate with customers to achieve a successful resolution.
- Serve as a liaison between the customer and the functional areas within the company that support the proposal process and ultimately perform the services.
- Generate and maintain records within a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to track customer contacts, proposal generation, and customer specific information.
- Present information as required at both customer and internal meetings.
- Manage multiple customer plans toward agreed targets.
- Manage multiple proposal processes to completion.
- Prepare information as needed for customer meetings and discussions with management, including status, tracking and financial reporting.
- Support business initiation process at conferences and meetings as required.
Skills and experience that you need to bring to the role
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent within a relevant scientific discipline
- Previous experience in sales or business development within contract testing or biopharmaceuticals, preferably with knowledge of GMP.
- Ideally have a good understanding of the drug development process and in particular early stage development of large molecules.
- The candidate will possess excellent written, verbal communication, planning and organisation skills.
- Experience of working directly with Clients is essential.
- Willingness to travel around 40% within Southern Europe.
Please apply online or contact Pamela for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.