Senior Microbiology TechnicianGloucestershire17750 20000Good company Benefits Do you have experience in a food microbiology lab? Looking for progression to a Senior Technician?I am working with...
An opportunity for a Senior Analytical Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical organisation.
Job Title: Senior Technical Specialist
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum depending on experience
Location: North West
SRG are working with a global biopharmaceutical organisation who as a result of continued success and expansion, are now looking for a Senior Technical Specialist responsible for providing scientific expertise to a variety of technical projects within their process sciences team.
Target 15% of annual salary
Contributory pension scheme
Permanent Health Insurance
Life Insurance 4 x basic salary
- Lead the design and continuous improvement of systems and workflows
- Lead the evaluation and implementation of new technologies in the Process Sciences team
- Technical support and optimisation
- Building and interpreting bioprocess models
- Process analytical technologies for monoclonal antibodies and viral vectors
- Bioprocessing development of cell lines, virology or automation
- Scale-down model development and process characterisation
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Subject matter expert (SME), providing expertise on a broad range of development of new biological drugs
- Production and scale-up of therapeutics from mammalian, microbial or gene therapy expression systems
- Building and maintaining a network of internal/external partners
- Oversee outsource management and partner collaborations
- BSc science graduate (or equivalent) with biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical experience, PhD is desirable
- Ability to evaluate systems to improve system functionality
- Experience in the design, optimisation and operation of processes for biologic manufacture
- Experience of production and scale-up of therapeutics from mammalian, microbial or gene therapy expression systems
- Experience in bioprocessing development in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in bioprocessing development in areas such as cell line development and virology
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Behruz Sheikh at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Behruz on 0161 868 2202.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Virology, Upstream, Downstream, Process Science, Process Development, Biologics, Mammalian cell line, Cell line, Gene Therapy, GMP, cGMP, cGLP, GLP, Bioproces, Monoclonal Antibodies, Viral Vectors, Recombinant Proteins, Subject Matter Expert, Technical Specialist, Senior Technical Specialist, Process Characterisation, Scale down, Analytical Technology,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.