Laboratory Technical Assistant3 Month contractImmediate start 12th March 2018 SRG is working with a world leading molecular diagnostic applications company. As a result of their...
Quality Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a higher qualification in Chemistry and experience of a range of testing techniques.
Title: Quality Technician
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working exclusively with a global business who are market leaders in the manufacture of specialist products for the polymer, coatings and cosmetics industries. As a result of continued growth and success, they are now looking to recruit a Quality Technician to join the team at their brand new facility based in West Yorkshire. The role would suit a recent Chemistry graduate, ideally with some knowledge of analytical testing or ICP analysis. Equally, this role would also suit someone with previous experience of using testing techniques in a similar role.
Benefits: A successful and innovative company experiencing continued growth, offering an opportunity with full training provided and excellent potential for further professional development. Genuinely modern working environment, with brand new laboratory facilities and equipment. 39 working hours a week, worked between 8am and 5pm, with a 4pm finish on Fridays. 20 days holiday (increasing with length of service) plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Supporting the quality and R&D team with product analysis
- Conducting particle size analysis on particulate material using Malvern Mastersizer, analysing data and generating reports on results
- Preparing samples for thickness analysis of materials, recording data in Excel spreadsheets
- Using SEM and X-Ray Spectroscopy to test materials and record results
- Colour matching using X-Rite Spectrophotometer
- Preparing and dispatching samples for external composition testing, checking results against specifications
- Analysing materials for heavy metal content using ICP-OES
- Collating any and all results of analysis to product Certificates of Analysis and appropriate quality documentation.
- Higher qualification in Chemistry
- Industrial or academic experience of testing techniques including ICP, SEM, particle size analysis or spectrophotometry
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn and be a team-player
- Good communication skills, a strong work ethic and adaptable to a variety of working requirements
- Good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a recent Chemistry graduate with or without industrial experience OR someone with previous experience using the testing techniques described.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, quality, QC, QA quality control, physical testing, particulate, graduate, chemist, ICP, metals testing, spectrophotometer, colour-matching, SEM, particle size analysis
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.