R&D Scientist Sensor Development (18 month FTC)Do you have experience working in the testing and development of gas or chemical sensors? Are you experienced in...
Senior Lab Steward Oxford
21- 23K + benefits
Interim contract position
07:00 - 16:00, and 08:00 - 17:00 (rotating weekly).
Contact Andrew: 0121 222 5329
The Senior Shipper/Receiver is responsible for the receipt and distribution of incoming materials at the research facility, and for organising outgoing shipments to all UK and International destinations. This includes receiving of purchased goods and distributing chemicals/reagents to lab areas, and managing supplies of lab gases, liquid nitrogen, and dry ice. Additional responsibilities include collection of bio-hazard/solvent waste, regular equipment checks and distribution of daily post and catering deliveries. The candidate will have previous experience of working in a logistics or stores type role, ideally in a fast-paced pharmaceutical or biotech environment. The role requires a high degree of communication with internal customers and a flexible attitude towards work as priorities change. The Senior Shipper/Receiver will work closely with members of the wider Laboratory Services and International Operations Teams, will require no day-to-day supervision and has complete responsibility for certain functions unless stated otherwise.
- Supports the Laboratory Services Supervisor/Manager in the day-to-day running of the sites Goods-in area.
- Co-ordinates the shipping and tracking of goods to UK and overseas destinations, ensuring the correct packaging and documentation is supplied and liaises with shipping companies and recipients as required.
- Receives all incoming purchased goods and post, checks for accuracy against packing slips and logs/verifies on the electronic receiving system (Oracle)
- Raises and records queries with vendors on faulty or incorrect goods.
- Ensures that all receipt and invoice queries are resolved with Purchasing and Accounting.
- Manages receipt, stock control and weekly checks for all gas cylinders, liquid nitrogen and dry ice supplies.
- Replenishes laboratory solvent stocks and removes empty solvent bottles from laboratories for recycling.
- Responsible for the collection of bio-hazard and solvent waste from laboratories, and liaising with waste contractor when necessary.
- Responsible for completing and recording the weekly flushing regime of laboratory safety equipment (showers and eyewashes) and filling of liquid nitrogen cryo-banks.
- Potential for carrying out inventory checks and placing orders to replenish lab consumable stocks.
- Responds to and resolves on-line help desk requests across areas of responsibility.
- Supports wider Facilities tasks/duties as directed by the Laboratory Services Supervisor/Manager.
- Ability to occasionally cover the duties of the Laboratory Technician if required (glass washing, sterilisation, stock management, laundry collection etc).
TECHNICAL AND COMMUNICATIVE SKILLS:
- Exhibits responsible ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Friendly and professional demeanour with excellent communication skills to assist customers, lab personal and internal/external stakeholders.
- Displays excellent self-organisation, multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritise tasks.
- Demonstrates good accuracy level in recording activities and diligent in filing of receipts and waste documentation.
- Strict compliance with safety policy and confidence to report any deviation from protocols
- Competency with MS word and ability to use the electronic receiving database (Oracle).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in goods-receipt, stocks and distribution.
- Demonstrates an awareness of Health & Safety procedures.
- Mature attitude with ability to use own initiative.
- Qualification and/or experience in shipping of goods (knowledge of IATA regulations preferable).
- A levels or HND qualification preferable, or
- Previous experience in laboratory environments, including good laboratory practice.
- Full training will be provided for all aspects of role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.