Title: Analytical Assistant.Duration: 6 MonthsLocation: Hull / East YorkshireSalary: £9.42 per hour. SRG are currently looking to recruit for an analytical assistant to join a...
Roving QA Assistant
Days initially, but then Continental shift pattern, 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off, including weekends
Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456
Our client is a UK manufacturer of instant dry powders for the food & beverage industry; supplying major retailers, co-food manufacturers, food service customers and brand owners. A successful and well established food manufacturing business based in the West Midlands, they have an immediate requirement for a shift QA Manager to join their busy Technical Team. This is a permanent role, starting as soon as possible.
The Roving QA Assistant is responsible for monitoring manufacturing process to ensure product matches reference standards by way of organoleptic, physical, and chemical testing.
Additionally the role holder will need to ensure that a high level of technical integrity is maintained with regard to product safety, legality and quality, in keeping with the quality plan, legislative requirements, company expectations and third party accreditations.
- Verify the quality of raw materials arriving on site by checking CoA's against the approved specification, ensure that printed packaging matches agreed colour standards and the correct version of artwork has been printed.
- Carry out testing of products including organoleptic evaluation against reference samples, chemical and physical testing e.g. moisture testing, bulk density etc.
- Check factory paperwork to ensure that it is completed and accurate. Highlight any errors or omissions to the relevant QA Manager and Shift Manager.
- Carry out GMP, fabrication, Glass & Hard Plastics, internal audits etc. as per the relevant schedules.
- Assist in the prompt investigation of customer complaints and ensure that all complaints are logged and closed out in a timely fashion.
- Assist in collating of routine samples for submitting for laboratory analysis, and ensure samples are uploaded on to laboratory portals. Compiling and verifying external test results and preparing CoA's as required.
- Carry out daily roving auditor role to review Goods Inwards, Processing, Blending, and Packing paperwork to identify errors and omissions at the time of occurrence. Complete a non-conformance report and where applicable carry out training as required.
- Assist with process validation studies, including sampling, recording and compiling reports.
- Compiling and verifying finished goods retained samples. Conducting start and end of life shelf life evaluations including organoleptic, physical and chemical testing.
- Attend process, blending and packing trials and issue technical reports on the results and conclusions.
Education / Training
- HND or higher in relevant subject area i.e. Food Science, Food technology (depending on experience).
- Food Hygiene Level 3
- Internal Audit training
- HACCP Level 3
- Previous experience in a Technical role working within a food manufacturing / Processing environmen
- Food safety assurance - GMP
- Computer literate on MS Word, MS Excel, SAP
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.