Part Time Microbiologist (2 or 3 days a week)Gloucestershire £17,750 to 20,000 Per Annum pro rata My client is a premier food and...
Senior Microbiologist (Pharmaceutical Manufacturing & QC)
£30,000 - £50,000 (commensurate with experience)
Based in London
Do you have substantial experience in microbiology supporting Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and Quality Control?
Would you like to work for a growing Pharmaceutical company in the London area?
The company are a well respected Pharmaceutical Manufacturer, working across multiple therapeutic areas. They have grown year on year and are looking to continue their expansion with the addition of a Senior Microbiologist to the Quality Control and Environmental Monitoring team.
The role holder is responsible for both delivering and leading specific projects within the QC Microbiology team and cross-functionally with the business. This will be through ensuring that the projects are executed to schedule and on budget and are in compliance with relevant regulatory and commercial requirements and are within the spirit of our values.
The role holder will provide Microbiologists regular training sessions to keep the team updated with the departmental procedures, the FDA guidelines and general GMP.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and support method development efforts (including laboratory work as needed); develop or assist in developing experimental designs and test plans
- Provide training and technical support to the Microbiology Team, monitoring progress of training implementation.
- Maintain close liaison with other departments such as QA, Engineering, Production etc
- Lead FDA projects to implementation and continually improve the processes to speed implementation and minimise waste whilst maintaining the highest quality standards. Monitor, control and report project progress in terms of milestones and adherence to budgets.
- Identify and research new and emerging technologies for microbiological analysis, and provide recommendations on platforms or instrumentation regarding their suitability for specific needs, maintaining the compliance to applicable standards.
To be considered you'll need the following skills and experience;
- Qualified to a degree level in an appropriate scientific subject (Microbiology, Pharmaceutical Science, Biology etc) or equivalent working experience
- Substantial experience in a Microbiology laboratory environment, gained within a Pharmaceutical, FDA or MHRA Regulated Laboratory.
- The ability to train laboratory based Microbiologists, ensuring best practise from a Microbiological perspective.
- Experience and/or knowledge of emerging microbiological technologies.
- You must possess computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Outlook.
- You'll need to be an excellent communicator with the ability to influence at all levels.
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on +442030964706
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.