Job Title: Chemical Sales ExecutiveLocation: Home based M4 Corridor Salary: £20,000 £25,000 + Bonus basic determined on experienceSRG is working with a well-established, innovative, scientific...
Job Title: Chemical Sales ExecutiveLocation: Home based - M4 Corridor Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 + Bonus - basic determined on experience
SRG is working with a well-established, innovative, scientific company producing market-leading metal finishing products. Following the introduction of new products, they are poised for rapid growth and as such would like to hire a scientist who has a burning ambition to enter the commercial world and who would enjoy a career in sales and customer account management.
For the initial period of training (around 2 - 3 months) you'll need to be based in Powys, Wales during the week, but the company will happily support your accommodation costs. Once your induction is complete, you'll be based from home covering the west side (M4 Corridor) of the UK with twice monthly visits to Head Office. This role will be ideal for a graduate chemist with some previous commercial or industrial experience, but who would like a change of career direction into a customer facing role. The company would also consider a brand new graduate for this role - salary dependant on person and how much experience they have, but absolutely essential is to be a confident and engaging communicator, able to flex style dependant on audience.
Benefits: As well as offering full training, the company are offering an attractive bonus scheme which should see you earning £7,000 - £10,000 on top of your basic, the holidays rise with service and there's an above average pension scheme.
Job Purpose: To plan and carry out sales activities to maintain and develop metal finishing products to key customers within a defined territory. To follow up new business leads with existing and new accounts to drive revenue growth.
- Account management including contacting customers, visiting them at site, taking samples, providing feedback
- Following up new leads and recording information on database
- Following up sales enquires by email, post, telephone and face to face
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned account support and liaison with internal order processing team
- Maintain and develop a prospect database
- Carry out market research and competitor analysis
- Preparation of customer samples - must be able to perform simple titrations
- Degree in Chemistry or similar preferred
- Will to spend the first 2 - 3 months living near to the Head Office site in Powys during the week - accommodation will be supported.
- Driving licence + own car (mileage paid to cover fuel and wear and tear)
- Self-driven, results orientated with positive outlook
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- IT Literate
- Emotional intelligence
- Highly organised
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV for more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.