Chemical Marketing Assistant required, based in Staffordshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry and an active interest in social media for marketing purposes Title: Chemical...
Chemical focused commercial opportunity based in Greater Manchester
Title Chemical Commercial assistant Location Greater Manchester Salary £18,000 - £20,000 (Dependant on experience)
SRG is currently working with a leading company, originating over 200 years ago, who specialise in the distribution of chemicals worldwide. Due to the continued success of the business, they are now looking to recruit a chemist to join their Commercial team in Manchester. The role will offer the successful individual an exciting opportunity in a thriving business with excellent progression prospects, working with some of the world's major chemical companies.
This position would be ideal for a Chemistry graduate or an individual with relevant experience in the chemical industry who is looking to move away from the laboratory into a more commercial role.
Benefits: This will be a fantastic opportunity for a graduate chemist who is looking to move into a more commercially focussed role. Offering genuine career development prospects, this role can also offer full training, 30 days annual leave (Inc. public holidays), & a contributory pension scheme.
Role / Description As a Commercial Assistant you will be responsible for:
- General purchasing activities, providing support with negotiations, tenders and contracts
- Monitoring and establishing preferred supplier agreements
- Maintaining stock control and reordering of stock
- Liaising with suppliers and customers to develop and maintain relationships
- Maintaining a knowledge of market trends and identifying potential new sources for chemical products.
- A degree in Chemistry or a related field, or proven experience with the chemical industry.
- Excellent communication (both written & spoken) & negotiation skills.
- Self-driven, Highly organised, results orientated with positive outlook
- A desire to begin a commercial career within the Chemical Industry.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at .For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Chemistry, Graduate, Entry level, Commercial, Manchester, purchasing,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.