Scientist- Cell Culture and VirologySRG are looking for an experienced Scientist with experience in cell culture, virology and chromatography to join a rapidly expanding company...
Cell Culture / Protein Production Scientist required for leading biotechnology company in Glasgow
Title - Cell Culture / Protein Production Scientist
Location - Glasgow
Salary Competitive - dependant on experience
SRG is working with a leading biotechnology company - as a result of their continued success they are looking to hire an experienced Cell Culture / Protein Production Scientist to undertake a challenging role within their Production team. The role would be suited to someone with a strong background in cell culture and protein production.
My client offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to join them at this exciting period of growth.
Role / Description
- Operation of a variety of cell culture platforms and purification of proteins, including development and optimisation of processes
- Maintenance of Bioreactors
- Preparation of production plan / schedule
- Establishing effective process controls to ensure maximum productivity
- Working with Quality to ensure specifications are met
- Monitor consumables and raw material stocks and liaise with suppliers in regards to procurement
- The successful candidate must have experience in the culturing of mammalian cells using bioreactors.
- Production / manufacturing environment experience is essential.
- Ideally you will also have experience in protein production and purification techniques.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: cell culture, bioreactor, production, manufacturing, protein purification, protein production, AKTA, TFF
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.