The purpose of this role is to deliver an efficient, high quality service to clients in the area of food allergens. Activities related to allergen testing include involvement in provision of a testing service, advice and consultancy, training, events and research carried out by the Biochemistry section.
Qualifications and competencies
- PhD/Degree/ or professional qualification in a relevant area of science & technology
- At least 3 years experience of food allergen management controls and testing specifically using at least one of ELISA, DNA based or mass spectrometry techniques
- Working knowledge and experience of Quality Management systems such as ISO9000 and particularly ISO17025
- Experience of project management
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Experience of laboratory environment with respect to safety and general conduct
- Effective time management skills to deal with projects running in parallel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-specialist audiences
- Proficient in use of WORD, Excel, Powerpoint and LIMS databases
- Ability to extract relevant information to solve client problems
- Ability to present ideas and information clearly & concisely
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.