Title Food Development TechnologistLocation Chipping Campden, GloucestershireSalary £22,200 to £30,000 Per Annum My client is a premier food and drinks research company, providing technical, scientific,...
Principal Scientist - Food AllergansGloucestershirePermanant job.22-30K plus Pension, holiday buy scheme, HealthcareWorking with a small team of biochemists, molecular biologists and food analysts you will work the areas of food allergen testing, food authenticity and chemical and biochemical causes of quality change. Services are provided through short term contracts, longer term research projects and include testing, the provision of advice and information and training directly to clients. The techniques include immunoassays (ELISA), DNA based tests (PCR, RFLP), spectrophotometry and fluorimetry (enzyme assays, pigment analysis, antioxidant tests) and oxitests.
Duties and responsibilities:
The purpose of this role is to deliver an efficient, high quality service to clients in the area of food allergens. Activities related to allergen testing include involvement in provision of a testing service, advice and consultancy, training, events and research carried out by the Biochemistry section.
Qualifications and competencies
- PhD/Degree/ or professional qualification in a relevant area of science & technology
- At least 3 years experience of food allergen management controls and testing specifically using at least one of ELISA, DNA based or mass spectrometry techniques
- Working knowledge and experience of Quality Management systems such as ISO9000 and particularly ISO17025
- Experience of project management
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Experience of laboratory environment with respect to safety and general conduct
- Effective time management skills to deal with projects running in parallel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-specialist audiences
- Proficient in use of WORD, Excel, Powerpoin and LIMS databases
- Ability to extract relevant information to solve client problems
- Ability to present ideas and information clearly & concisely
- Friendly, helpful, can-do approach
- An ability to respond flexibly to the demands of clients (internal and external) and colleagues is essential.
- An interest in food allergen testing and management in the food industry.
- Ability to extract, filter and apply relevant information to solve problems.
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
- Effective time management and delegation skills to deal with activities running in parallel.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this role please apply online or call 0121 222 5333
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.