Senior Medicinal ChemistPermanent OxfordshireAttractive salary and packageAre you a Medicinal Chemist with a successful track record of chemical probe and lead generation within the pharmaceutical...
Senior Medicinal ChemistPermanent OxfordshireAttractive salary and package
- Are you a Medicinal Chemist with a successful track record of chemical probe and lead generation within the pharmaceutical industry?
- You must have an outstanding creative, technical, organisational and communication skills are required for this position and the candidate should have the ability to generate and implement new ideas.
- The successful candidate will lead by example both in the laboratory and across our early project portfolio.Role:
- Designs and performs sophisticated, technically challenging experiments, efficiently and independently.
- Interprets complicated, multidimensional SAR data and generates new design hypotheses.
- Provides innovative medicinal chemistry solutions to answer key biological questions.
- Interprets HTS data, formulates and articulates chemical strategy, reduces strategy to practice and makes recommendations for series progression.
- Introduce new principles/concepts from other fields to help establish new paradigms in Projects.
- Productively disseminates ideas across discipline- and project-boundaries.Requirements:
- Extensive relevant experience of Lead Discovery within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Track record of successfully initiating projects across target classes.
- Up-to-date knowledge of medicinal chemistry.
- Experience of modern hit finding techniques.
- Appreciation of target identification tools and techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Bal on 0121 222 5331.
- SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
- If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant/suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
- Keywords: Medicinal chemistry, synthetic organic chemist, chromatography specialist. Lead discovery scientist, Senior Scientist.
- If you have the skills/experience required and are interested in the role please apply online, if you have any questions please call on 0121 222 5331.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.