R&D Scientist Sensor Development (18 month FTC)Do you have experience working in the testing and development of gas or chemical sensors? Are you experienced in...
Senior Consumer Innovation Scientist Brentford
SRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for a Senior Consumer Innovation Scientist to join their team in Brentford. As a Senior Consumer Innovation Scientist you will be responsible for executing consumer understanding for early pipeline innovation programmes. You will support delivery of consumer insight, holistic product sensory development, sensory claims and associated quality documentation.
- Conduct (plans, designs, executes and reports) all R&D Consumer Insight research within the pain category
- Provides consumer innovation director (1) consumer insight identification (2) holistic product profile development and (3) associated quality documentation .
- Conduct research to develop an in depth understanding of target consumers habits practices, needs, insights and drivers of consumer acceptance.
- Supports development of actionable consumer learning plans for projects which utilise state of the art and conventional consumer/sensory/clinical research methodologies with the objective of dimentionalising the consumer experience of the product into actionable recommendations for product improvement. Must be able to distill consumer/sensory learnings into clear actionable conclusions, learnings and next steps
- Partner with Principal Consumer Statistician to develop predictive consumer models and then work with the sensory teams to implement learnings into fast sensory evaluation of products
- Through strong technical and consumer knowledge will be able to provide product development with formulation improvements and will be able to work with commercial to define winning claims and concepts that reflect product performance
- Provide knowledge of industry best practices with respect to consumer research methodologies and maintains significant awareness of developing/ state-of-the-art technology in category. Responsible for the generation of actionable high quality, compliant reports
- Will be expected to use state of the art research techniques in our CSL; this includes eye tracking, facial emotion coding, GSR etc
- Ensure output is delivered to meet / exceed quality standards, time and budget commitments
- BA/BS required, MA/MS/MBA/PhD preferred in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Biochemistry and/or Biological Sciences
- Minimum range of years' experience: 3-10 Years
- Knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical or fast moving consumer healthcare industries, and broader (and evolving) trends in healthcare landscape (dependant on the relevant category role).
- Experience and demonstrated ability in consumer insight and sensory research
- Expertise in communicating consumer needs, wants and aspirations to the R&D community
- Expert in design, placement and analysis of Consumer Science research - qualitative, quantitative methods, psychology
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel methodologies and research standards for consumer studies
- Works effectively with commercial to develop concepts must be able to translate complex technical problems and solutions to Commercial
- Understand how to deliver consumer and efficacy claim substantiation
- Strong analytical skills, including strategic thinking, ability to frame problems and opportunities using supporting data, problem solving and measuring impact
- A self-starter, proactively identifying the need for specific research plans and working effectively with the Statistician to drive the development of predictive consumer models
- Demonstrated personal leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, including presentations, , meeting facilitation, and one-on-one/small group
- Commercially savvy with proven ability to work seamlessly with colleagues in Commercial functions.
- Experience of substantiating strong, motivating claims using consumer experience data.
- Knowledge of sensory science an advantage
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your CV
For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Umul on 0203 096 4529
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.