Exciting opportunity for a Senior Study Director to join one of the largest drug development service companies. Job Title: Senior Study Director Vacancy type: Permanent...
Director of BiologyPermanent - Full Time South of England Competitive salary and package My client is looking to recruit an outstanding senior scientific leader to join a biology department's leadership team. The successful candidate will have an outstanding track record of innovation and success in at least one of the following disciplines: protein expression and purification, molecular biology and gene engineering, or structural biology.The role will involve working with other senior leaders to set and manage diverse and innovative scientific strategies, managing a team of highly dedicated scientists, and applying state of the art technologies to advance our drug discovery pipeline and to increase our understanding of disease processes and drug targets. Role:
- Extensive experience of life science research in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- A strong external profile based on an extensive publication record and network of collaborators.
- A proven track record of success in solving complex-scientific and drug discovery problems, and in the application of state-of-the-art technologies to drug discovery.
- Strong management and leadership skills.Requirements:
- Qualification & Industry experience in any of the following Biology related subjects: vector design, construction and transfection.
- Gene engineering/screening, or functional genomics.
- Knowledge or experience of expression and purification of multiple protein classes, especially membrane proteins.
- Xray crystallography and Biophysics.
- Great communicator with a proven track record of delivering multiple high quality candidates into development; ideally including direct accountability for project leadership.
- A good understanding of the related scientific disciplines that are pertinent to drug discovery and early development (e.g. pharmacology, basic biology, ADME, formulation, large scale synthesis, drug safety/toxicology, IP).
- A good knowledge of the latest innovations and technology in medicinal chemistry and chemical biology.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Bal on 0121 222 5331.
- SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
- If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant/suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
- Keywords: Biology Manager, Head of Biology, Senior Leader, Biology Director.
- If you have the skills/experience required and are interested in the role please apply online, if you have any questions please call on 0121 222 5331.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.