Technical Services SupervisorWest Midlands Permanent positionCompetitive salary and benefits packageAre you an experienced technical support scientist with experience of people management? Are you looking to...
Laboratory Technical Assistant
3 Month contract
Immediate start - 12th March 2018
SRG is working with a world leading molecular diagnostic applications company. As a result of their continued success they are looking to hire a number of people, initially for a 3 month, weekly paid contract. This role will be based in the product development department supporting the development of new and existing molecular diagnostic applications utilizing state of the art RNA and DNA technologies. We welcome applications from graduates with degrees in biological sciences or individuals qualified by experience.
Candidates must be free to start work in Manchester on March 12th. The start date is non-negotiable.
Technical Assistants within the Product Development Department are responsible for:
- Conducting general maintenance and lab safety activities (equipment maintenance, consumable orders, receipt of material, lab stocking, housekeeping and similar activities)
- Support the planning, execution and reporting of laboratory work and experiments
- Carrying out the practical elements of studies which can include: DNA extraction using manual extraction kits and or automated instruments; PCR manual setup and or using automated instruments; Gel electrophoresis; Sequencing; Precision serial dilutions; Handling and processing of biological samples
- Accurate recording of laboratory work and experiments in laboratory notebooks or worksheets
- Adherence to COSHH and Health & Safety requirements
- Working as part of the product development team to ensure a safe and efficient laboratory environment
- University degree in the area of Biological Sciences or equally matched experience working within a laboratory, desirable.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Proven organisational skills, self-motivated with attention to detail
- Laboratory experience in a regulated environment, desirable.
Relevant laboratory experience may include: processing biological samples; DNA extraction using manual extraction kits and or automated instruments; PCR manual setup and or using automated instruments; gel electrophoresis
- Demonstrates accountable
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible attitude to work
This role is full time hours and is expected to last around 3 months, with the possibility of extension. If you are interested please contact Behruz Sheikh on 07949870690 or mail
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.