Technical Customer Service AssociateNorth of Cambridge£18,000 24,000 per annumReporting into the Marketing division, this role straddles the technical and commercial world and offers great insight...
Technical Customer Service Associate
North of Cambridge
£18,000 - 24,000 per annum
Reporting into the Marketing division, this role straddles the technical and commercial world and offers great insight into the inner-workings of a busy and successful scientific supply organisation.
Key role requirements:
- Providing technical customer care and support to existing clients by telephone and email relating to potential issues with the lab products and equipment that have purchased.
- Development of new business through the coordination and management of assigned product ranges from both new and existing clients.
- Enter product information - descriptions, codes, update product changes within the portfolio catalogue on the company website.
- Supply accurate quotations to clients by email. Follow up on requests for quotes.
- Occasionally carry out site visits with clients and attend trade shows as required.
- Suggest, monitor and maintain relevant social media channels by way of promotion, offers, new product launches. Assist with targeted campaigns, particularly in regard to feedback.
Background and person specification:
- BSc Chemistry or related (wet chemistry, environmental, food, FMCG, waste)
- Some demonstrable commercial experience such as marketing, sales, customer care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to build rapport quickly and engage by email, telephone and in person
- Some background of working in a lab would be advantageous, along with an understanding of lab equipment and wet chemistry techniques
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, SAP, Quark, Illustrator or Photoshop
- Team player, energetic and passionate about science, open, collaborative and approachable style
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.