QC AnalystNorthumberlandPermanent Position£19-24K Dependent on ExperienceAn innovative pharmaceutical organisation in Northumberland is looking to recruit a QC Analyst to help them carry out quality control...
QC Supervisor required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a higher qualification in Chemistry and experience of quality control, laboratory testing and Quality Management Systems
Title: QC Supervisor
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a global business who are market leaders in the development and manufacture of speciality oils, lubricants and fluids. As a result of increased demand and continued growth, they are now looking to recruit a QC Supervisor to join the team, based in West Yorkshire. The role would suit someone with a background in the QC testing of chemical products and experience working within a QMS system.
Benefits: A well-established and successful company experiencing continued growth, offering an opportunity to take some ownership of the QC function and introduce new quality initiatives to improve efficiency. Modern working environment, with an on-site gym and free parking. 37.5 working hours per week, worked 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, with some flexibility on start/finish times. 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays, excellent pension scheme and competitive annual bonus.
Role / Description
- To coordinate the daily laboratory testing schedule for maximum efficiency
- Supporting QC Technicians with testing including Brookfield viscosity, Karl Fischer, XRF, IR and general wet chemistry techniques as required
- Maintenance of the QC lab and Quality Management System (QMS)
- Collating data and producing documentation as required in line with the QMS
- Supporting the Quality Manager with audits and resolution of production quality issues
- Proven experience of QC testing of chemical products in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of QA processes or working within a Quality Management System
- Higher qualification in Chemistry
- Previous experience of supervision or people management would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Good attention to detail, self-motivated and hands-on
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a QC Chemist to step into a supervisory role and make positive change in the Quality Control department of a successful company.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, quality, QC, QMS, QA, quality control, physical testing, lubricant, grease, oil, chemical, fluid, viscosity, Karl Fischer, XRF, IR, tribology, corrosion, paint, coatings, chemist, manufacturing, production
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.