QC Supervisor required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a higher qualification in Chemistry and QC or QA experience acquired in the chemical industry. Title:...
QC Supervisor required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a higher qualification in Chemistry and QC or QA experience acquired in the chemical industry.
Title: QC Supervisor
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a global business who are market leaders in the development and manufacture of lubricants, speciality fluids and paints. As a result of continued growth and success, they are now looking to recruit a QC Supervisor to join the team at their facility, based in West Yorkshire. The role would suit someone with a background in the QC testing of chemical products, ideally with some exposure to QA processes.
Benefits: A well-established and successful company experiencing continued growth, offering an opportunity to take some ownership of the QC function and introduce new quality initiatives to facilitate efficient throughput. Modern working environment, with an on-site gym and free parking. 37.5 working hours per week, worked 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, with some flexibility on start/finish times. 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays, excellent pension scheme and annual bonus.
Role / Description
- To coordinate the daily laboratory testing schedule in order to support and maximise factory throughput
- Supporting QC testing as required, including viscosity, corrosion and tribology testing
- Implementing and improving quality processes to maximise efficiency and ensure thorough recording and reporting
- Supporting the Quality Manager with audits and other requirements of the Quality Management System
- Collating data and producing documentation as required in line with the QMS
- Planning and organising laboratory activities to accommodate non-routine testing requirements.
- Identifying, reporting and acting on non-conformances and quality issues in order to ensure CAPAs are established.
- Analysing process data in order to maintain and report Key Process measures.
- Proven experience of QC testing of chemical products, specific experience with grease or lubricants would be advantageous
- Previous experience of QA process or working within a Quality Management System
- Higher qualification in Chemistry
- Any previous experience of supervision or people management would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Self-motivated, pro-active and confident
- Good communication skills with personnel at all levels
- Good attention to detail
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a QC Chemist or QA Scientist to step into a supervisory role and make positive change in the Quality Control department
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, quality, QC, QA quality control, physical testing, lubricant, grease, oil, chemical, fluid, viscosity, tribology, corrosion, paint, coatings, chemist, quality control, QMS
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.