Chemical Marketing Assistant required, based in Staffordshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry and an active interest in social media for marketing purposes Title: Chemical...
Chemical Marketing Assistant required, based in Staffordshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry and an active interest in social media for marketing purposes
Title: Chemical Marketing Assistant
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 per annum
SRG is working with a privately-owned business who specialise in the distribution of chemicals, polymers and minerals to a UK wide market. They have built up strong relationships with a number of leading chemical manufacturers and a large portfolio of speciality products. As a result of continued growth and success, they are now looking to recruit a Chemical Marketing Assistant to join the team in Staffordshire, with a view to supporting the Sales Director and enhancing the company's presence on social media. The role would suit a recent Chemistry graduate with an interest in the commercial side of the chemical industry and proficient in the use of social media.
Benefits: A well-established and successful company offering an opportunity for a graduate to utilise their knowledge and passion for chemistry in a commercial environment. Full training will be provided, as well as future progression into sales or marketing over time. 37.5 working hours per week, worked 8.45am-5pm Monday to Friday. 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays, excellent pension scheme and annual profit-related bonus.
Role / Description
- Carrying out analysis of the company's main markets and competitors to determine a social media strategy, including best platforms, content and delivery
- Introducing and developing the social media campaign for the company
- Monitoring the social media presence and adapting as required
- Creating sales presentations and prospect flyers/brochures to support the sales teams
- Conducting market analysis to better understand and find new markets and applications for products in the portfolio
- Using a range of communication to market products, including email, phone calls, face to face visits and social media
- Liaising with current and prospective customers to aid market analysis and understanding of product applications and end use.
- Minimum degree in Chemistry
- Genuine passion and interest in Chemistry and the chemical industry
- An interest in marketing, sales, networking or commercial activities
- Able to effectively use social media
- Confident, creative and unafraid to present new ideas and challenge convention
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in utilising various information sources to gather research
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
This role would be an excellent opportunity for recent Chemistry graduate, with good social media skills, who may be interested in the commercial side of the chemical industry.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, graduate, marketing, social media, commercial, powerpoint, presentations, market research, confident, internet, chemical, polymers, minerals, linkedin, facebook, twitter, instagram, networking, advertising,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.