Quality Control (QC) Microbiologist required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in GlasgowTitle QC MicrobiologistLocation GlasgowSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with an innovative and fast...
Quality Control (QC) Microbiologist required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in Glasgow
Title QC Microbiologist
SRG is working with an innovative and fast growing life science company - as a result of their continued success and expansion they are looking to hire an experienced QC Microbiologist to work within their GMP facility. Working as part of the QC team you will support activities across all departments including Development, Production and Clinical.
The role would be suited to someone with experience in environmental monitoring experience within a GMP environment.
Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career or maybe you are looking to move into a new innovative environment, either way we would like to hear from you.
My client offers a competitive salary as well as the potential for development and skills enhancement.
- Providing specialist microbiological knowledge, expertise and problem solving skills.
- Experience in environmental monitoring of a clean room facility and microbial identification.
- Performing endotoxin and qPCR testing and sterility testing.
- Verification and validation of methods and stability studies.
- Analysis of samples with the approved methods and procedures.
- Assisting in the release of raw materials and final products to GMP requirements.
- Analysing and evaluating methods, techniques, processes and machinery to develop and implement improvements.
- Ensuring work is performed according to QA and H&S policies.
- Training and supervising of other members of staff.
- Reporting any deviations and ensuring a deviation report is submitted and corrective and preventative actions progressed to completion.
- Preparing and maintaining documentation to appropriate quality standards.
- Assisting in laboratory management activities including housekeeping, ordering of consumables, maintaining calibration records and ensuring equipment compliance.
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in a biological science related subject along with experience in environmental monitoring of GMP cleanrooms.
- You will be experienced in microbiology techniques such as microbial identification, ideally also sterility, qPCR and bioburden.
- You must have high attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, work to deadlines and deliver results as well as excellent communication and organisational skills.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: GMP, microbiology, environmental monitoring, microbial identification, sterility, PCR, bioburden, endotoxin, QC, Quality Control
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.