Head of Quality Assurance (QA) required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in GlasgowTitle Head of Quality Assurance (QA)Location GlasgowSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with...
Head of Quality Assurance (QA) required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in Glasgow
Title - Head of Quality Assurance (QA)
Location - Glasgow
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working with an innovative and fast growing life science company - as a result of their continued success and expansion they are looking to hire an experienced Head of Quality Assurance (QA) to join the senior management team at their GMP facility. Leading the QA function you will be responsible for ensuring compliance to quality and regulatory requirements. The role would be suited to someone with extensive experience in quality assurance management within a GMP environment.
Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career or maybe you are looking to move into a new innovative environment, either way we would like to hear from you.
My client offers a competitive salary as well as the opportunity to be involved in this exciting area of therapeutics.
- Lead and manage the Quality Assurance function ensuring the successful delivery of business strategy, KPIs and objectives, whilst adhering to regulatory compliance.
- Work closely with the Production team and Quality Control team to ensure that GMP products are manufactured according to standards, working with the clinical team to ensure patients are treated as scheduled.
- To manage and assist in the development of structures, policies, processes & procedures to ensure effective and accountable use of resources across the Quality Assurance function.
- To manage and ensure that the quality management systems, processes and procedures are implemented across the manufacturing facilities to ensure that product released is fit for use and is compliant with regulations.Provide leadership, direction & development to the QA team.
- To represent the company to authorities and service providers on all quality assurance matters.
- Contribute to the site performance as agreed through the performance management objectives on the basis of informed advice on quality requirements.
- Assist in the development, collating and reporting of key quality and business metrics to drive a culture of continuous process improvement such that it is fully compliant with regulations and quality requirements.
- Ensure that systems and processes for the management of complaints and product recalls are being conducted in accordance with risk management systems.
- To advise on compliance requirements and strategies for process development and technology transfer activities.
- Liaise with the QP where appropriate in the planning, co-ordination, interpretation and compilation of relevant information necessary for regulatory submission.
- Responsible for coordination & preparation of regulatory submissions and strategies.
- Develop & maintain regulatory knowledge of EU/FDA regulations and potentially other territories.
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in a science related subject along with experience in leading a QA team within a biologics manufacturing environment.
- You will be have extensive knowledge of GMP process and EU and FDA regulatory requirements with experience in QA management and continuous improvement.
- You must have high attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, work to deadlines and deliver results as well as excellent communication and organisational skills.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: GMP, regulations, QA, quality assurance, management, continuous improvement, biologics, manufacturing
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.