Quality Assurance Technician£24,000 £26,000Shropshire commutable from Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Kidderminster, TelfordOngoing temp role with initial two week trialContact Andrew to register an interest: 0121 728 8456...
Quality Assurance Technician
£24,000 - £26,000
Shropshire - commutable from Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Kidderminster, Telford
Ongoing temp role with initial two week trial
Contact Andrew to register an interest: 0121 728 8456
My client are a well know metal testing company with a rich history, and a committment to outstanding customer service and quality. Due to long term sickness, they have an ongoing temp requirement.
Purpose of the Job: To carry out routine material and product testing and assessment using standard analytical and measuring techniques.
- To document results, producing evaluation summaries and reports.
- To complete the administration of any special control procedures.
- To prepare necessary test certification documentation routinely required by Customers for finished products.
- To prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly statistical analyses required by Customers or otherwise in the form of a technical summary report.
- To assist in materials testing in support of development group activities.
- To assist in the compilation of Company documentation for ISO Quality system requirements.
- To assist in the monitoring of any departmental trial work in line with planned objectives.
- Principle Responsibilities:
- To carry out the required materials tests to approved international standards, ensuring that all test equipment is calibrated and maintained to recognised standards.
- Ensure that the correct documentation is prepared for material as necessary using appropriate IT systems where needed.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of Company documentation relating to the ISO Quality System. Updating procedures when required.
- Statistical analysis of all test and production data to ensure that product capabilities can be measured and reported.
The successful candidate must have:
- Degree level of education in a relevant discipline and/or relevant formal training
- Some experience of metal testing or similar
- Ability to manage projects effectively to stringent requirements and tight deadlines
- Ability to prepare technical reports to support findings
- Ability to identify and manage development and improvement projects in conjunction with recognised
- Knowledge of the health, safety and environmental requirements throughout the company
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.