Team Leader Manufacturing (Chemicals)Location: HertfordshireContract Type: PermanentSalary: Highly competitive including 35% shift upliftSRG are currently working with a multinational Speciality Chemicals company in Hertfordshire who...
Team Leader - Manufacturing (Chemicals)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Highly competitive including 35% shift uplift
SRG are currently working with a multinational Speciality Chemicals company in Hertfordshire who as a result of their continued success and expansion are looking to hire two Team Leaders to join their Manufacturing Team on a permanent basis.
With responsibility for managing a team of 5-10 technicians, the Team Leaders will ensure products and prototypes are manufactured to both customer and legislative regulations. They will also proactively drive problem solving and process improvement activities, co-ordinating resources appropriately and overseeing performance management activities.
Note: The role will involve working a shift pattern of lates and earlies or weekends, both of which are compensated with an attractive 35% shift allowance.
Other benefits include 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, company pension, shares program and subsided meals/gym membership.
Role / Description
- Lead a high standard of people management activities, including clear aligned objectives for each direct report and credible Personal Development plans.
- Ensure KPIs are met in line with all manufacturing process indicators, including Health & Safety, Quality, Training, 5s and Lean practices.
- Resource planning for the team within the associated shift pattern.
- Proactively driving problem-solving activities relating to process and equipment, implementing appropriate corrective actions as early as possible.
- Degree qualified in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related subject.
- Relevant experience from within a technical, high volume manufacturing/production environment.
- Deadline driven and effective working under pressure to set timescales
- Demonstrable performance management/leadership skills.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position, please call Rachel Ellis on 0161 868 2235.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, manufacturing, production, team leader, line management, people management.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.