Innovation OfficerCambridgePermanent, full time£38 40,000 p/a Key role requirements:In respect of Intellectual Property, investigating new scientific discoveries and advancement/invention around the patent-ability and freedom to...
Permanent, full time
£38 - 40,000 p/a
Key role requirements:
- In respect of Intellectual Property, investigating new scientific discoveries and advancement/invention - around the patent-ability and freedom to operate with that "space".
- Process and interpret legal documents/agreements such as within licensing, CRA (collaborative research agreements), MTA's, NDA/CDA's and commercialisation agreements.
- Progressing searches of patent databases and reviewing scientific literature for information pertinent to prior art and freedom to operate information.
- Co-present cases at internal Intellectual Property meetings, assisting in drafting decision support docs.
- Structuring and negotiating deals which would include: license agreements, R&D partnerships and the creation of venture capital financed collaborations.
You will have:
- PhD or equivalent in Life Sciences - particularly in the areas of genetics, molecular biology and immunology
- Commercially astute and with a good appreciation of legal precedents and practices involving IP, patents and trademarks.
- Ability to interpret patent specifications and good understanding of UK Grant system
- Ability to interrogate data and take key information from complex (and sometimes conflicting) sources
- Excellent and well-developed communication skills with the ability to disseminate technical information to a relevant audience
If you've worked in a Senior Scientist or Principle Scientist role for example, and have a strong background from the areas mentioned above, have been involved in technology transfer and are looking for an opportunity to use your commercial acumen, then this could be an ideal side-step for you.
You will add huge value, have the opportunity to integrate into a small and cohesive expert team of Scientists and Commercial and Legal personnel. You will be exposed to the cutting-edge of Innovation within a niche area of Biotechnology and Immunology and have the chance to assist in the progression of new advancements in Science.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.