Process TechnologistGloucestershire17 20KThe Production and Processing Research Department is a newly formed group with a diverse range of activities spanning agri-research, ingredients research, physical characterisation...
17 - 20K
The Production and Processing Research Department is a newly formed group with a diverse range of activities spanning agri-research, ingredients research, physical characterisation (rheology, structure/texture), and new processing technology applications.This role would be providing technical inputs into our work on emerging processing technologies, most notably, preservation technologies such as high-pressure processing, cold plasma, UV, ultrasound and microwave processing. The ideal candidate should have a background in food technology, chemical engineering or a related discipline. The candidate would be joining an experienced team that can offer appropriate training and support in this exciting technical field. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Practical work on research and contract projects relating to activities across the department but with an anticipated focus on new processing technologies
- Training activities and events organisation with a focus on those relating to new processing technologies
- Practical support on other sectional activities where required.
- It is essential that the candidate is flexible and willing to work in other areas of the department's activities
- Answering member enquiries
Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree in Food Technology, Chemical Engineering or closely related discipline
- Experience of food manufacturing and unit operations across the food sector.
- Knowledge of new food processing technologies is desirable but not essential
- Good verbal and communication skills to form good client relationship
- Effective time management skills relating to effective delivery and business practices
- Generally, IT literate
- Can-do, enterprising and driven.
- Full UK/EU driving licence and be eligible to work and travel freely within the EU.
- Good technical abilities, comfortable with practical work but also data analysis and interpretation
- Comfortable working with pilot scale processing equipment and analytical equipment (with appropriate training)
- Good writing and oral presentation skills required to present material to both technical specialist audiences and general technical audiences
- Good potential to learn new skills
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.