R&D Scientist Sensor Development (18 month FTC)Do you have experience working in the testing and development of gas or chemical sensors? Are you experienced in...
R&D Scientist - Sensor Development (18 month FTC)
Do you have experience working in the testing and development of gas or chemical sensors? Are you experienced in the characterisation and enhancement of thin film or semiconductor devices and looking for an opportunity to join an innovative and successful company in the Cambridgeshire area?
My Cambridgeshire based client works in the development of a range of products and due to peaks in workload and ongoing success, they are currently seeking an R&D Scientist with experience in Sensor Development to join their Research and Development team on a Fixed Term Contract.
The main responsibilities of this role will be:
- Design and execute experiments for building of sensor devices for detecting gas (presence and concentrations)
- Deliver detailed analysis of mechanisms and processes governing device performance
- Design and execute experiments to evaluate semiconductor materials and device performance and stability.
- Characterise new materials
- Fabrication of devices in cleanroom and laboratory facilities.
To be considered for the role of R&D Scientist - Sensor Development you will have the following experience:
- PhD in a relevant area of Science, Physics or Engineering.
- MSc with strong industry experience in a relevant area
- Experience in fabricating, characterising and Enhancing Thin Film or Semiconductor Devices (E)
- Testing and Development of gas or chemical sensors (E)
- Surface analysis methods such as optical, atomic force, and/or SEM (D)
- Device fabrication in cleanroom environments (D)
To be considered for this opportunity please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 607854.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.