Senior Reagent Scientists Permanent Central Belt of ScotlandAre you an experienced Senior Scientist with a strong background in coupling chemistries looking for a new challenge?Do...
We are seeking an assay scientist to join a multi-disciplinary team developing new products based on lab-on-a-chip platform. The primary role will be to adapt existing commercially available protocols (e.g. nucleic acid amplification techniques) to work effectively on the devices.
In this role the post-holder will be expected to perform a wide range of duties including: capturing and defining protocol specifications; designing and testing automated workflows; creating innovative solutions to the challenges encountered; and transferring the results of research to the product development team.The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a rigorous practical approach together with a strong analytical ability to rapidly solve complex technical problems.
Candidates should also possess an excellent technical background, superior organizational skills and will have experience of interacting at different levels in an organization and across different disciplines. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience in working with a wide range of experimental techniques used in the fields of cell culture, metabolomics, genomics and/or proteomics.
- Implementing commercial biochemical assays on our devices
- Quantifying the performance of biochemical assays implemented on our devices
- Benchmarking assay performance against state-of-the art laboratory techniques
- Identifying potential problems when implementing biochemical assays on our devices
- Proposing ideas and solutions to complex technical problems
- Testing technical solutions through the careful design and execution of well thought out and targeted experimentation
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team to design, implement and test protocol modifications
- Drafting patents
- Communicating progress and sharing best practice throughout the company
- Carrying out all work in accordance with the company's H&S policies
- Complying with the company's Quality Management Systems
Required Skills & Experience
- A good degree obtained from a leading university in chemistry or biochemistry
- A PhD or equivalent industrial experience
- Experience in the analysis and handling of biomolecules
- Competent user of a wide range of scientific laboratory equipment
- Highly organized with outstanding attention to detail
- Flexible approach and ability to quickly learn and apply new skills & processes
- Outstanding interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills, both written and oral
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.