Inorganic Chemist County Durham Salary negotiable Are you an Inorganic Chemist looking for the next step in your career? Do you enjoy working in a...
Organic Synthetic Chemist based in Greater Manchester
Title Organic Synthetic Chemist Location Greater Manchester Salary £28,000 - £35,000
SRG are working with a forward looking speciality chemicals manufacturer based within Greater Manchester. Specialising in the development of dyes, intermediates and Polymers they are looking for a talented Synthetic Organic chemist to join their team.
Benefits: This is an exciting position that will offer a varied and autonomous position within a highly specialised environment. Offering a competitive salary, this role will also offer 20 days annual leave + Public holidays (rising with service), a private healthcare scheme as well as a private pension.
Role / Description
As part of a small team you will work independently, focusing on conducting synthetic experimentation to:
- Synthesis & modification of dyes, polymers, resins & other small molecules.
- Develop, optimise and scale manufacturing processes for new and existing products
- Identify critical reaction parameters that affect final product quality & yield.
- Analytical analysis of raw materials and products using techniques including; NMR, MS, IR, GC & HPLC
- Provide Technical support and assist with the initial production of new products.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Chemistry or a related field.
- A proven background within an R&D environment, delivering new products, technologies and manufacturing methods.
- A proven knowledge of organic synthetic chemistry.
- Previous experience of Polymer & resin synthesis will be advantageous but not essential.
- A knowledge of process / scale up chemistry to an industrial scale.
This will be a permanent position well suited to an experience Organic Chemist looking to make the next step in their career. Working hours will be 08:30 - 17:00 Monday to Thursday with a 15:00 finish on Fridays.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Organic Chemistry, Organic synthesis, synthetic, Synthesis, Polymer
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.