A global agrochemical manufacturer based in the West Midlands is currently recruiting for a Field Trials Manager to join their busy technical team. This is...
Field Trials Assistant19-23KGloucestershireI am looking for someone to manage the field trials and glass house work, hands on agriculture work on site and at locations around the local area.
Familiarity with crop production would be advantageous. The role will also require reports and presentations with liaison with external suppliers and contractors.
Qualifications and competencies
- Graduate or equivalent, with several years' relevant experience in a similar role highly desirable.
- Proven competence in field trial design in the agricultural or horticultural sectors
- Experience working with industry recognised standard guidelines, e.g. ORETO, EPPO, GEP
- Knowledge and practical experience of agronomic practices
- Flexible and adaptable. Able to work with what is available.
- A strong team player
- A practically-minded provider of solutions to challenges
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 desirable
- BASIS/FACTS qualification an advantage, but not essential
- Tractor driving experience desirable
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Accurate handling of samples and data
- Ability to manage work on a number of projects simultaneously to agreed deadlines
- Ability to prepare technical reports and presentations
The above skills are preferred but training will be given where needed
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.