Laboratory Assistant Flexible Working HoursTemporary Contract York £7.89/Hour A leading organisation in the York area that specialise in the testing of food products are looking...
We are looking for someone to manage the field trials and glass house work, hands on agriculture work on site and at locations around the local area where we rent land for field trials. Familiarity with crop production would be advantageous. The role will also require reports and presentations with liaison with external suppliers and contractors.The Role:You will be required to plan, resource and execute a range of applied trials relating to primary production. This will involve the management of work through internal facilities, as well as coordinating workflow with external contractors and collaborators. Upon the completion of a trial, the you must be capable of communicating the results to clients through presentations and the production of technical reports.
Qualifications and competencies
- Graduate or equivalent, with several years' relevant experience in a similar role highly desirable.
- Proven competence in field trial design in the agricultural or horticultural sectors
- Experience working with industry recognised standard guidelines, e.g. ORETO, EPPO, GEP
- Knowledge and practical experience of agronomic practices
- Flexible and adaptable. Able to work with what is available.
- A strong team player
- A practically-minded provider of solutions to challenges
The above skills are preferred but training will be given where needed
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.