MANUFACTURING/PRODUCTION TECHNICIANSAre you an expert in manufacturing/production and looking for a new opportunity?Have you got experience of manufacturing within life sciences?Do you have experience working...
Colour Technician required, based in Merseyside. Requiring a minimum of HNC in Chemistry, Polymer Science or other relevant discipline OR equivalent lab-based experience working with colour products, polymers, plastics or material
Title: Colour Technician
Salary: £20,000 per annum
SRG is working exclusively with a market leader in the manufacture of colour products and specialised additives. As a result of their continued success, they are now looking to add a Colour Technician to their technical team. The role would be ideal for a HNC-, HND- or BSc-qualified chemist or perhaps someone with existing experience of colour-matching and/or formulation.
Benefits: A successful, global company experiencing continued growth, offering an opportunity with full training provided. Offering 20 days' holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days. Other benefits include an excellent company pension scheme and private healthcare. Working hours 9am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Researching and evaluating new/alternative raw materials for use in formulations
- Formulating new or existing products to meet customer requirements
- Producing colour and product samples for customers, trials or demonstrations
- Producing plastic parts using laboratory and injection-moulding equipment to assess colour against standards
- Recording formulation details and adding colours to in-house database
- Working in a safe manner, to relevant SOPs and to tight deadlines
- Communicating effectively across departments
- HNC, HND or BSc qualification in Chemistry, Polymer Science or other relevant discipline
- Previous experience in colour-matching, lab-based formulation or lab-based experience from plastics, dyes, inks, coatings, paints, pigments, dispersions or similar industry
- Good mathematical and IT skills, with a high degree of accuracy
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Good communication skills and a positive approach to solving problems
- Strong work ethic, able to take initiative and ownership of tasks
This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone looking to start their career in a technical role or equally someone with previous experience in a similar role and industry.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, polymer science, polymer, formulation, colour, colour matcher, colour matching, graduate, injection, plastic, pvc, dye, masterbatch, ink, coating, paint, pigment, dispersion, injection moulding, spectrophotometer
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.